I’m reposting this recipe from last fall!
So despite the snow that Tahoe has gotten lately, I’m still considering it fall! I said that one of my Fall Bucket List Goals was to perfect a Whiskey S’more Cookie recipe. Well, I haven’t quite finalized that recipe yet, but I did come up with a pretty delicious recipe for whiskey-based fall classic – Whiskey Pumpkin Bread. I based this recipe off of a couple of classic pumpkin bread recipes and this one featuring bourbon. I really like how the bread turned out – it’s not as sweet as some recipes and the whiskey flavor is definitely noticeable.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup whiskey + 1 tbsp (I love Bulleit Rye Whiskey)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease 1 large loaf pan. I like coconut oil.
- Mix together the canned pumpkin, brown sugar, coconut oil, whiskey, and eggs in a large bowl.
- In another large bowl, combine flowers, baking soda, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into pan and bake for 50 – 55 minutes. Check with a toothpick or knife for done-ness.
- Cool on a rack or plate, slice and try not to eat the whole thing in one sitting.